KlezKidz brings to life an interactive concert of Jewish music and mirth from around the world, including Jewish folk songs, Chassidic rock, Israeli, Yiddish swing, and works by contemporary Jewish composers. At a KlezKidz concert you’ll hear the wail of the clarinet and the rousing sound of Israeli music, see bottles being balanced on the heads of dancers, and maybe even learn some new dance steps yourself!
What started out in 1995 with a only few kids, augmented by musical parents, has grown into a 40-piece ensemble with regular rehearsals and a dozen yearly concerts. KlezKidz, sponsored by TBA, features instrumentalists from 8-years-old to 80. Performing alongside it is KidsChorus, a group of youthful singers, who often step into the audience to teach easy dances.
Play with Us!
KlezKidz welcomes instrumentalists of all ages and stages who can read sheet music. KidsChorus welcomes young singers ages 8 and up who love to sing, perform and don’t necessarily read sheet music. There is no audition process for KlezKidz or KidsChorus, and TBA membership is not required to participate.
KlezKidz perform at Temple Beth Am for Simchat Torah, Chanukah, and Purim, and out in the community at the University Village chanukiah lighting, Kline Galland Home’s December birthdays party, the Northwest Folklife Festival, and a Farmer’s Market or two. Rehearsals happen 8-10 Sundays a year in TBA’s sanctuary.
- Sunday, November 15, 12:30-1:30 PM in TBA's sanctuary
- Sunday, December 6, 12:30-2:00 PM in the sanctuary
- Sunday, November 22, 1:15 - 2:00 PM, at Senior Housing on Blakely Street (near University Village)
- Wednesday, December 9, 6:00 - 7:00 PM, at University Village
- Saturday, December 12, for TBA's annual Chanukah party
- Sunday, December 13, at 2:00 PM, for Winterfest at the Seattle Center Armoury
For more information about KlezKidz, contact Music Director Wendy Marcus.